Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Beaty <billb@eskimo.com>
To: sciclub-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: bubbles in cola

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Fredrick Rea O'Keefe wrote:

Rumor has it that New York's Ballentine Beer used to add "soap" to their
brew to make a longer lasting head - their claim to fame. (Or was it
Rheingold?)

For those who like to take things apart, buy a can of Guinness "draft
style" beer. (At least I think its Guinness that's the one.) Inside is a
little plastic chamber that sits on the bottom of the container. It
contains gas (CO2? Wouldn't have to be CO2 though.) When you pop the
tab, the chamber emits tiny bubbles, thus guaranteeing that a "head" will
---------