Moment of Inertia or Rotational Inertia

I've been writing up some documentation for rotational motion and have always
referred to mr^2 as rotational inertia. When looking through Tipler, Serway,
Simon, Hibbeler, and Beer & Johnston, mr^2 is referred to as moment of
inertia. I've taught from these texts and not given it a second thought
until now. Wondering where I got the term rotational inertia, I went back to
my first physics text, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday & Resnick. Sure
enough, there it was, rotational inertia. I then looked at the fourth
edition of Physics by Resnick, Halliday & Krane copyright 1992 and there it
was again, rotational inertia. Does anyone know why there is this split in
terminology? Is one more dated than another?

Thanks,

Bob Carlson