Planck length and Planck time

Dear friends, 30 May 1999

I have wondered for quite a time, how the Planck length and the Planck
time, related to the beginning of the Universe (I guess), are defined. I
have seen somewhere their definition in terms of other fundamental
constants, however I missed the reason behind those definitions.

I hope somebody can enlighten me on this. Thank you.

I would also say a very belated "thank you very much" for several
explanations on the April Fool's Day Mr Litre.

A Rusli
Physics Department, Institut Teknologi Bandung
Indonesia