Re: websites

Well, yes, Barlow. And there is another point re this. _I_ would be glad
to do this reviewing. I have the time and the inclination. BUT I don't
know that the list -- or anyone else for that matter would accept my
reviews. For example I would not permit the evil four-letter word "heat"
(ugh!) on any site (nor would I accept the review of anyone who _would_
permit this evil wicked mean bad and nasty word.) After all, someone
recently actually spoke up for the likes of Bill Nye! How would I or
anyone regard reviews generated there.

All this is reflected in the lack of unanimity of understanding expressed
here on any number of topics.

It seems to me that each instructor needs to do his/her own reviews which
would reflect his/her own understanding of the material -- or lack thereof.

Jim Green

At 10:22 AM 5/28/99 +0000, Barlow wrote:
|Gang:
| I wanted to reply to the thread about websites. It seems
|to me that many good points are begin made. One in
|particular is important. It seems that anyone with a PC
|and who can write html can put up a website and choose his
|own content. This does not tell us anything about the
|quality of the information. What is really needed is
|someone to review all this information and try to separate
|the good from the bad. Unfortunately, that is a very long
|job and few of us have the time or the inclination to take
|it on. WBN
|Barlow Newbolt

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com