[no subject]

Digby Willard wrote:

So what's the difference if it ends up at the same temperature it started
at?

Responding to the message of Wed, 12 May 1999 09:50:14 -0400
from Sam Sampere <sampere@SUHEP.PHY.SYR.EDU>:

You don't play it when it's cold, you let it warm up first!!

I've kind of been lurking on this question, but I've been tempted to ask the
same question that Digby asked. What >is< the difference if the instrument
ends up at the same temp it started at? It seems (obviously) that the very
structure of the instrument would have to change permanently if the
performance is to be changed by simply dipping it in liquid hydrogen.

By no means am I saying that this >doesn't< happen; it's just not something
that I'd expect.

Dave Stuewer
Shawano (WI) HS