Re: Earth's Magnetic Field

Good example of opposite conventions being used.
In this case of CURRENT it is important that we emphasis either the
'conventional' current of Ben Franklin (from positive to negative in
external circuits) or the 'electron' current that seems to be
stressed in High School Chemistry classes and not of anywhere else.

Remember that the Hall effect clearly shows that positive charge
carriers predominate in Be, Zn, Bi, p-type semiconductors etc.

> Larry Smith wrote:

> > ... I don't care which way we decide to do it, as long
> > as we can all agree together. ...

The same is true for the direction of current. But some
authors decided that the direction of I is the same as the
direction in which electrons are drifting.

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936