Re: wave momentum

At 09:31 3/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
brian whatcott wrote:
When I see an 8 ounce chrome-plate ball lurch forward, I see a movement
I can associate with momentum.

You must be referring to a demo that I'm not familiar with. Could you
describe it in more detail? Does the ball actually obtain a net
momentum change, or does it only lurch forward, then backward again.

--
--James McLean

As normally constituted, the big balls in coffee table Newton's Balls
demonstrations bounce to and fro.
If one chooses a suitably light suspension string for the last ball,
one can arrange for it to pop off and roll away.

I think we are into "DC" vs "AC" momentum here :-)

Brian

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK