Re: Waves

At 06:51 PM +0100 on 3/11/99, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
This applies to a pulse traveling along the "domino wave". We must be clear
about what is not a wave, what is a wave, and what is more than a wave.
Calling these three things waves may be the cause of our difficulties.

Howdy,

I guess I don't understand this statement. Given the random motion of the
gas molecules with an additional momentum superimposed on the molecules why
would you expect that the "dominoes" couldn't rebound? The collisions
don't all have to be head on elastic collisions with one molecule initially
stationary.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs@interaccess.com)