Re: Energy Budgets

James W. Wheeler wrote:

I will be teaching a course for general education students next fall on
"Matter and Energy". I would like to be able to discuss everyday items in
terms of the energy required to produce and operate them. Does anyone
have such information, or a source of such information? Please send it to
me. Thanks.

PowerSmart is a good source of such information. See the following web
page from the local (Winnipeg) PowerSmart office:
http://www.hydro.mb.ca/cust_serv/appliance_operating_costs.html

remember to adjust for variations in currency, cost/kW-hr etc

Doug Craigen
Latest Project - the Physics E-source
http://www.dctech.com/physics/