Re: Alternating Current

At 21:58 1/29/99 -0600,Jack wrote:

If the length of me sample is .01 s, then my uncertainty in frequency
is 100 Hz.
... take the Fourier transform of a section of a 120 Hz
sinusoid that is .01 sec long. The spectral content of the FT would be
enough
to choke a horse.
Jack

Hmmm....we have one hundred samples ( often considered to be instantaneous)
taken at one hundred microsecond intervals: and our intrepid lab presenter
did a regression against a sine curve: this is rather different from Jack's
assumptions, methinks! :-)

Brian
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK