Re: 9th Grade Show and Tell

At 4:06 PM -0700 1/24/99, Jim Green wrote:
A fellow townsman and a local 9th grade physical science teacher says that
he has run out of good ideas for demos and experiments that might benefit
him and in turn his physical science class. Can this list offer him ideas
of such exercises or perhaps Internet sites where there is some sort of
cache of good demos and experiments?

I just received in the mail "The Dick and Rae Physics Demo Notebook" by D.
Rae Carpenter and Richard B Minnix of VMI. It has hundreds of demos in it
with photos and instructions for setup and construction. I think it will
be quite good (after I get more time to peruse it).

Here is the ordering info:

The "Dick and Rae Physics Demo Notebook" is available from
Dick and Rae, Inc. FEI: 54-1530543
Mallory Hall, VMI
Lexington, VA 24450
The price is $40.00 per copy and includes the cost of shipping by surface
mail within the continental U.S. and any applicable sales taxes.

Dick and Rae, Inc., is a private corporation formed exclusively to publish
and distribute our Notebook. We accept invoices but prefer that a check
accompany each order. No credit cards, please!

Thanks for your interest in our publication.

DICK MINNIX

HOME: DickM@rockbridge.net OFFICE: DickM@vmi.edu
540-463-5256 540-464-7505

HTH,
Larry K. Smith phone: (435) 283-7520 | Not everything that counts
Dept. of Physics fax: (435) 283-7501 | can be counted; and not
Snow College mailto:Larry.Smith@snow.edu | everything that can be
150 College Ave. http://iac.snow.edu/LSmith | counted counts.
Ephraim, UT 84627 USA | Albert Einstein