Re: Calculators and Science / Math teaching

I should have been less coy with my original question, I'm wondering more
about the graphing part of the calculators on the test; i.e. how much of a
disadvantage would I have if I walked into the test with a regular
calculator and some knowledge in my head of what various typical functions
look like.

If the answer is that I'd be at a severe disadvantage, then does that imply
that the state test is more a test of using graphing calculators rather than
a test of mathematics?

Opinions? comments?

The state test doesn't explicitly state whether they are required but =
the time given for the test makes it impossible to finish in time =
without.

Question: does your state test *require* or *allow* graphing calculators

Joel Rauber