Re: Conserving Q ? (long)

Regarding Phil Parker's corrective caveat concerning my previous post:

I think you have an implicit assumption of simply connected for the
region in which your computations about 'stuff' are taking place;
for example, in

Since j_eff is divergence-free we know that it must be a curl

Then your construction has one more requirement in addition to
sufficient localizability.

Good point. I was being mathematically sloppy (as physicists are often
stereotypically wont to be in their derivations). I'm glad we have a real
mathematician on the list who can help keep us on the mathematically
straight and narrow. Phil's expertise is an important and much appreciated
resource for this list.

David Bowman
dbowman@georgetowncollege.edu