General Relativity ?

A signal is sent from an orbiting station to the ground. The receiver will
measure the in coming frequency to be greater than the sender would
measure it. The
question I was asked is whether this is due to the earthbound clock
running at a slower rate or the signal actually increasing in frequency or
can you really tell? I think I am in the latter camp.

Ken Fox
Smoky Hill High School
16100 Smoky Hill Rd
Aurora,CO 80015