Re: equations on the web

The good news is that there is an approved Math ML (Markup
Language) but now Netscape and Microsoft need to be pressured into
integrating it. Below I have included the announcement of this
convention.

I anticipate both of them incorporating it probably in the next
version. It certainly will make loading pages of equations much faster
if they do - though it will take a while before one can presume that
most people will be able to view equations written this way. I believe
Math ML plugins are being written too. If anybody wants to get a jump
on the game (sort of like studying Java 2 years ago), go to the w3 site
and download their experimental browser/composer Amaya which
incorporates a subset of Math ML for both browsing and authoring.

If anybody is curious about other XMS's being proposed, I list a few at
http://www.dectech.com/teachers/upcoming.html

Doug Craigen "Technology with purpose"
http://www.dctech.com