Re: pounds

<<<US auto makers went global years ago. How long can our aircraft,
computer, and office supply manufacturers hold out against world
opinion?
But I agree with Landers. It can't be too much longer before our
school children and wood workers use centimeters rather than
inches. >>>

Having worked 8 summers doing construction/carpentry work, I wish we
would've used metric vs. US units. Figuring roof areas and concrete slab
volumes are so difficult when you have to deal with feet, inches and yards
and all those danged fractions. They sell a special calculator just for
carpenters so they can figure this stuff...keep in mind that most carpenters
don't have the best math skills. Heck, many times they made me do the calcs
for this stuff if their calculator wasn't handy. Several times during the
summers they would hear me cursing the US units :-)
Jason
Jason (and Kim and Jacob) Powell
Kenosha, WI
Our Webpage: http://www2.wi.net/~fizzx/
Physics Dept
Zion Benton HS
Zion, IL
'96 Red Miata[PEP]...FIZZX 1
Windy City Miata Club=> http://www.mcs.com/~hal109/windy_city.html
"...the truth the symbol of a dove, will unmask the maker of your plans..."
King's X - Out of the Silent Planet