Rick

From: Dewey Dykstra, Jr. <dykstrad@bsumail.idbsu.edu>

David Dockstader says:

I think Doug has a good analogy with wt given in kg. If enough people use
terminology loosly, it becomes part of the language and all precision in
language is lost.

Logically a sad state of affairs, but the logic depends on the assumptions.
Is it the case that such "precision in language" actually exists in human
culture and does it really make sense that it could?

Dewey