Re: Computer Skills

I think it's safe to say that the majority here have expressed strong
support for physics students taking some formal computer training. It is
also safe to say that there is absolutely NO agreement about what precise
form that training should take. It seems to me that this leaves that
decision clearly up to each individual institution/department. With the
very wide range of suggestions that have been given, it really seems
pointless to try and argue for or against any of those in this forum. I
fear our personal experiences and/or prejudices are just too strong for the
community to ever reach agreement on a given language or given course of
study.

Rick
(Working diligently to complete major new TrueBasic programs for the Spring
Semester.)