Re: Didactics and Akademe

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> writes:
I thought I caught in this, a moment of Professor Dykstra's insight.
One must be driven towards an ideal of student capability that can
perfectly decorate one's own understanding; yet on the other hand one
demands that the very best can discard and distain one's hardest won
academic values.

I think that I agree with the above statement... but I am not sure.
Could you please rephrase it a bit?

Thanks

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we rarely ever discard and distain one's hardest won academic
values)