Re: Netscape SOS

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

My Mac freezes, only when I am browsing with the Communicator .
Probably a conflict with another application. I know I should turn off
all non-netscape extensions and then turn them on, on by one. The
trouble is that I have a large number of extensions and I do not know
which one belongs to whom.

I need a complete list extensions belonging to the Communicator
(version 4.6) on may AV Mac 8500, run by MacOS-8.1

Does anybody know where this information can be found?

Ludwik Kowalski

Ludwik:

Although I can't answer your question specifically, I can recommend that
you check out the following two Mac resources:

The InformINIT
http://cafe.ambrosiasw.com/DEF/InformINIT.html

and

Extension Overload
http://macsupport.miningco.com/msbu2.htm

http://tucows.wau.nl/mac/adnload/dlextoverloadmac.html

Both resources can help you to eliminate unnecessary control panels and
extensions and thereby reduce conflicts in general. They may be able to
help resolve this specific conflict. My philosophy is that less
unnecessary software makes for a happier Mac in general. You might also
try a search in Yahoo's database: a simple search for Ext. Overload
brought up a number of useful web pages.

Good Luck, Rex

--
Rex G Snyder rgsnyder@maclink.net
St. Paul's School