Re: FCI available?

The quickest way would be to go to the library and look up the issue of The
Physics Teacher in which the Force Concept Inventory was first published.

Here is the reference:

Hestenes, D., Wells, M., and Swackhamer, G. (1992). Force concept
inventory. The Physics Teacher, 30, 141-158.

I think it was the February issue... but I could be wrong on that count.

Regards,

Sharon

Hello all,

Is there someplace that I can get a copy of David Hestene's Force Concept
Inventory? I would like to use it with a high school senior that I'm
tutoring for a few weeks before school starts. Unfortunately, that means
that I'm pressed for time. Maybe it (or part of it) is available on the
web somewhere? A quick search on Excite didn't turn up anything for me....

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu

Sharon Schulze