Re: laptop computers

I've been out of town for a few days and just came across you posting. Do I
get the impression that you are not too happy about the requirement to use
Windows on your portable? If so there is a solution--Use one of the new
Macintosh G# Powerbooks with Connectix's vertual PC loaded. I'm told that
MS word for Windows runs almost as fast in vertual PC as it does on a
Pentium, sometimes faster.

If I have misinterpreted the tenor of your second sentence--never mind.

Hugh

I will need to purchase a laptop computer soon. For a variety
of reasons it must be a machine that supports Windoze and Microsoft
Word..... I have been looking at Toshiba Satellite models (320CDT for
example), and also at a comparably priced ProStar model..... If anyone
on either cur-l; or phys-l has any comments to offer good or bad about
these models (or other laptops that retail in the neighborhood of
$2,000), please send me e-mail.

Please send your comments to me privately
(mshapiro@fullerton.edu).

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro