Re: Physics is a human construct

-----Original Message-----
From: DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA <narayana@hd1.vsnl.net.in>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Sunday, May 17, 1998 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Physics is a human construct

. . .
Finally is human mind adequate to comprehend reality? What is our
i.e., scientist's well considered answer to question? When we
say "Thinking is a subjective reflection of reality" have we not
already admitted the inadequacy of the mind?
regards,
sarma.

Hi Sarma,
Yes, the human mind is "adequate" to "comprehend" reality, but only "in
its own way" and only in terms of the sensory raw materials in its
vocabulary. Both the blind and the sighted may "comprehend adequately",
but quite differently.

These are loaded terms. I would paraphrase myself by defining something
to be adequately comprehended when it is described in terms of things
which have already been adequately comprehended . . .

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (ret)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor