Re: Physics is a human construct

At 03:40 PM 5/17/98 -0400, you wrote:

Thinking is a subjective reflection of reality.

OK

It can be correct (logical and effective) or incorrect (full of
aberations and wrong predictions).

Is something effective always logical. QM is effective. Is it logical?

What right do we have to expect the reality to be encompassed by logical
thinking?

But reality is always "correct"; if I am allowed
to use this adjective.

Reality is simply there.

What I am trying to say is that sets of certain
physical conditions always lead to certain consequences, at least at the
macroscopic level. Our thinking about this is totally irrelevant.

You already realise that law of causality cannot be expected to apply
at the microscopic level. Do you want to say that reality is not
"correct" that if at least the macroscopic level it does not obey
the law of causality? Why do you crave for this sop?

Finally is human mind adequate to comprehend reality? What is our
i.e., scientist's well considered answer to question? When we
say "Thinking is a subjective reflection of reality" have we not
already admitted the inadequacy of the mind?

regards,

sarma.