From: LUDWIK KOWALSKI <KOWALSKIL@alpha.montclair.edu>
To: phys-L@atlantis.uwf.edu <phys-L@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: quantization

Leigh wrote"

.... Charge is quantized; energy is not....

This calls for an elaboration. We do teach about energy levels in
molecules and atoms. What is quanized by the principle quantum number
n in the theory of hydrogen atom? Are some forms of energy quantized
whil others are not? I am probably missing something important.

Ludwik Kowalski