Re: quantization

Leigh wrote"
Hmm. Is electrical charge a mental construct? Conservation of
charge is also a counterpart of a symmetry of Nature. Charge is,
somehow, a different sort of physical quantity than energy. ...

Is force a less abstract concept than energy? Is it not "a free
creation" of human intellect?

[By the way, I am looking at the book of Einstein and Infeld (The
Evolution of Physics, Simon and Schuster, New York, 1938) and it
does not say a translation. Both authors worked at Princeton when
the book was published. And they do thank people who "kindly helped
us with the preparation of this book".]

.... Charge is quantized; energy is not....

This calls for an elaboration. We do teach about energy levels in
molecules and atoms. What is quanized by the principle quantum number
n in the theory of hydrogen atom? Are some forms of energy quantized
whil others are not? I am probably missing something important.

Ludwik Kowalski