Re: north and south in the water

Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:47:26 -0600
From: jim mcconville <ojim@midway.uchicago.edu>
To: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu
Subject: Re: north and south in the water

My new Magnet Source Catalog offers WaterTreatment Magnets one attatches to
water pipes for such things as descaling and reducing hardness. There is a
polarity to the arrangement. The magnetised water is said to feel wetter,
cleaner, softer etc. I am skeptical but willing to listen (and learn?).

This has a lot of stuff about magnetic water treatment:

http://gcea.com/treatment.shtm

A good starting point for student investigations. Most school labs have
expected outcomes - here the field is wide open and they have to think
carefully in evaluating their results!

Mark.

Mark Sylvester
United World College of the Adriatic