Re: A request from Bob Fuller

David Emigh wrote:

Rather than bother the list with 700KB of email, I hacked up a website
for the lab I am using, of which I am VERY pleased with. See:

http://eta-carinae.commnet.edu:2005/science/

David Emigh

David's picture brought back fond memories of a somewhat similar
computer laboratory at Evergreen State College, where I attended
An Undergraduate Faculty Workshop on Computer-Based Laboratories for
Introductory Chemistry and Physics led by Dr. Robert S. Cole in the
summer of 1989 -- sponsred by NSF. I was able to find a picture of the
classroom-laboratory on the Internet at
http://www.evergreen.edu/user/homef.htm. One way to navigate to the
picture is to click successively Campus Info/ Map and Tour/ Interactive
Campus Map. Then click on Lab II (#5) and finally "Computer Applications
Lab" in the last line of the caption under the exterior view of Lab II.
This room is unusual in that there is a room within a room, the center
room including servers and other equipment mainly for the faculty and
computer staff. If memory serves me correctly, the wall on the left of
the picture is the exterior of the inner room. Obviously, no attempt was
made to lecture across the entire room. The room was sufficiently
spacious that discussions could be held in one corner of the room, where
there was a blackboard. This lab appeared to be part of the original
design of the building. From the picture it still looks great after nine
years.

Hugh Logan