Re: An Appropriate Present

Tom McCarthy wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have a friend whose son is graduating with a masters degree in
mechanica engineering. She would like to buy him a degree related
present, such as a classic text in the field. Please let me know if
you have any great ideas.

One important book on every ME's shelf is "Marks' Standard Handbook for
Mechanical Engineers", edited by Avallone and Baumeister. My 9th edition
is vintage 1988, so probably there's a later one.

==> Dick
--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193