Re: Intuition -Reply

John Wheeler has said that you shouldn't do a calculation until you know
what the answer will be.

This has long been one of my favorite physics aphorisms.

I love it too, despite the fact that it was, I believe, said in particular
regard, in particular stage of physics development. There so many great
fields in today's physics and technology in which practitioners only smile
reading this quote. The reality is much more complex. As teachers of
physics we should be aware about it, just not to appear antique to our
students, many of whom will play just this game in their life.
Igal.