Re: moon's synchronism

I forgot to add a description of an easy way of measuring librational
period, in case somebody else is simulating the double-moon and Earth
system with Interactive Physics.

Associate a gravitational energy gage (from the Measure menu) with one
of the half-moons and use it in the GRAPH mode (click the arrow on the
gage itself). Run the simulation and observe periodic oscillations. Like
in a pendulum, speaking loosly. The period is probably going to change
when the moment of inertia (the distance between half-moons) is changed.
I did not try this. A good research project for an AP student, I think.

Ludwik Kowalski