Re: moon's synchronism

The IP simulation made me aware that friction is not
necessary to explain synchronisation. I was often confused by the term
"tidal effect". But I learned a lot about it since yesterday. Thanks to
those who contributed.

I am very interested in your solutions. How did you get rid of
the spin angular momentum? I think I'll wait to see what John's
IP simulations with dashpot turn up before abandoning my faith
in classical physics.

Leigh