Re: moon's synchronism

At 05:20 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, LUDWIK KOWALSKI wrote:

synchronization without tidal forces is possible.

Ludwik,

I don't understand your interpretation. ...
A. John Mallinckrodt

Permit me to offer a tentative reason why one or two people are looking
askance at the word "tide":
One person sees a gravity gradient and its effect on a mass that is
assymetrical
as between a direction normal to and along the gravity gradient....
....while another person sees a movement - whether of sea land, magma, dust
whatever that may well be dissipative but which they might well assume the
Moon lacks.

It is the former connotation that you desire us to understand, I assume.

Whatcott