Re: Moon's synchronism

At 11:58 AM 3/17/98 -0800, John wrote:

BTW, it's interesting to consider this phenomenon from a driven
oscillator point of view. The tidal force effectively drives the
moon at a frequency of about 1 cycle per month. But since that
frequency is *way* above the resonant frequency, the moon's
rotational inertia dominates.

John, what is your evidence for this??? What tidal force? Are you talking
about water, crust, or magma -- Moon or Earth? I would be grateful for
citations. We are now dangerously close to our annual discussion of tidal
bulges. Do you really want to go there? (:-)

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com