video capture boards

has anybody had any experience with the intel Smart Video Recorder III
(price $199)? I want to use it to capture videos shot by students in lab
and then analyze with video point (which we have) or with Word in Motion
(which we would have to purchase). Anything in particular that I should
watch out for in buying a video capture board?
Jim Riley
Department of Physics
Drury College
Springfield Missouri 65802