Re: Shopping Spree

John Trammell wrote:

Jim Green (JMGreen@sisna.com) wrote:

Oh, great wizards, I am about to go on a shopping spree. I seek your advice:

1) It would appear that WIN95 will not tolerate my ImageWriterII serial
printer and I must now upgrade. Which printer should I get?

{snip}

Why do you conclude it's your printer that needs to
be upgraded, and not your OS? :-)

Regards,
John (another smarmy Linux advocate)

John (and others),

I'm at the beginning of a project to install a Linux-based LAN in our
science department. After concluding that I would be drawing retirement
by the time our school found the cash for us (I'm 29), I realized that
Linux may be part of a solution to our problem. The OS runs better than
others on the lower end computers that can be acquired from corporate PC
graveyards.

Are there other Linux users in this group who would be interested in a
discussion about using Linux in the classroom or science department. I
would appreciate the dialog very much. E-mail me privately, and we could
begin sharing some experiences.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson "A little song, a little dance,
Henry Sibley High School a little seltzer down your pants."