Re: senior lab projects

At 09:43 3/4/98 -0700, Dewey wrote:
...we have "made our own bed" as a professional community in
ignoring our responsibility to contribute to the education of society
beyond mere selection and training of our replacements. But then, as long
as we continue to discourage such efforts we will continue to receive
students at the HS and college levels about which to complain, so I guess
there _is_ a reason [not] to continue excluding [but rather encouraging] >
serious attempts to understand
the issues in physics learning and teaching from the work of 'proper'
physicists.

Just a thought... ;^)

Dewey Dykstra Jr.

I stand justly corrected (and for symmetry's sake, I also included my
emendments to Dewey's striking script in parentheses so as to make it
more transparent to a simple soul like myself.)