Re: What to teach (was: American students do poorly)

Donald,

What you say about spoon feeding is right, however remember that doing the
things like going to the library to find the answer and working through the
problems on your own take lots of time. In turn the beginning of this
discussion had to do with teaching to much, having to much information in
the text. Maybe if all of us covered less, and took the time to let the
students do the things you say we would be better off. But one without the
other may be impossible!

Doug Benning
Gyoshu High School
Numazu Japan