Re: 1998 AAPT/Metrologic Physics Bowl

At 10:59 AM -0800 1/27/98, Leigh Palmer wrote:
Hmmm..generate interest in physics with a timed multiple choice exam paper?

My sentiments, exactly! What could be more wrong-headed? The organizers
of this event demonstrate clearly their lack of both intellect and taste.

Leigh

Granted, I may not have been a typical student, but I took tests like this
(mostly chemistry) in high school and thought it was fun and motivating.
Lots of my high school colleagues went and we all had a good time. Such
chemistry tests are still being offered and are still good motivation for a
certain student population, IMHO.

Larry