Re: Empiry

It cannot be emphasized too strongly that computer simulation (an
area in which I have done quite a bit of work myself) is *not*
empiry. Nature contributes nothing to the process; it is purely
artificial.

A last comment: "GIGO"

Leigh

Howdy,

A side comment. Students know that you can make a computer give you any
kind of world you wish; there is no need to follow the laws of nature in a
computer since it's all a "game" anyway. Therefore I don't believe they
have any respect for simulations.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs@interaccess.com)