Re[2]: Scientist of the Millennium?

Could someone remind me how that guy is 'defined'?

The requirement was that the person made their contribution *in* the 2nd
millennium. Obviously, the more people influenced or affected by their
contribution, the better, though there is obviously some subjectivity
involved.

In the listgroup originally discussing the issue, nominees did not have
to be scientists. Actually, the group's nominees have tended to be
philosophers and religious leaders. Martin Luther is currently their
leading nominee because of his religious, cultural, political, and
language influence, at least in the Western world. (Bill Gates was
mentioned, but not one of the top ten :-)).

At this point, an important question may be asked: is the year=0
included? What about Jesus then?

I think he got the Number One "Person of the First Millennium" (not to
mention the Number Two Person of the Trinity).

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D. | "I don't pretend to understand
Radian International, Austin, TX | the Universe - it's a great
512-310-5259, FAX 512-244-0160 | deal bigger than I am."
Internet: rick_strickert@radian.com | - Thomas Carlyle
---> "All written IMHO." <--- |