Re: Medical Physics

To illustrate a course unit called Health Physics I have been using this site

http://user.shikoku.or.jp/tobrains/index-e.html

to look at some stunning images from X-rays, CT scans and MRI scans. I am
now looking for somewhere to find images obtained using an endoscope. So
far with our success. Can anyone out there help.

This morning I did this live. You want a videotape, not a still
image. The time element is essential to interpretation. That is why
the physician does such procedures himself instead of looking at
images taken by a technician. The view one obtains is amazing, almost
worth the discomfort involved in obtaining it. I would compare this
to mountain climbing for the same reason, but it really isn't
comparable!

I find that such aids to teaching involving the human body are
generally fascinating and I will use them for all classes, not just
those with biologists and premeds in them.

Leigh

(Oh, yes. I have a perfectly healthy lower digestive tract. We didn't
quite get to the tonsils, but the last 60 cm is splendid. If you ever
do this, be prepared for the most extreme farts you've ever produced!
I'm thinking up physics problems (or perhaps cocealed weapons
applications) based upon this hitherto unexploited energy storage
device. For those of you who have expressed a heartwarming concern
for my health let me say that my gastroenterologist got a look at my
cardiologist's report and it appears that I have a perfectly healthy
heart as well. As I assured both of them, there's nothing wrong with
me, but I am very appreciative of your concerns. Thank you all.

I do have a 1 cm diameter gallstone (that I got to see live and
correctly identified, much to the ultrasound technician's
consternation because she's not supposed to tell me anything. She
took a picture for the physicians' amusement and edification. I've
had (and dissolved) gallstones before, and this one isn't giving me
troubles yet. I will know immediately when that happens, and I know
what to do for it already.)