Re: ULTRASONIC MOTION DETECTORS

At 2:56 PM 12/5/97, John Gastineau wrote:
What does the data collection time have to do with the data collection rate?
Or did you modify your program to collect a fixed number of points during a
variable data collection time?

Yes, exactly, I've just been too lazy to fix that.

My experience with the motion detector is that they just don't give very
reliable results when run much faster than 60Hz, and some cranky units don't
like running even that fast. If you're really trying to run the detector at
rates over 100Hz, notice also that you're severely limited in range due to
the relatively slow speed of sound. In practice at 100 Hz you can't detect
anything farther than about a meter from the detector.

jeg