Re: e.m. waves from neutral particles ?

Neutral macroscopic conductors will polarize when accelerated, and so
it seems to me that the the question here is different at
different scales. What do atoms "do" when accelerated, and what
about individual protons, electrons and neutrons?

We know that the rate at which electromagnetic energy is lost by a moving
charge, either + or -, does not depend on its speed, it depends only on
its acceleration (radio antennas, x-ray tubes, sunchrotrons, etc).

Consider a small copper ball. It has as many + as -. Does it radiate
e.m. waves when accelerated? I do not think that waves emitted by
electrons and waves emitted by protons, at a given c.m. acceleration,
will be cancelling each other (due to the out-of-phase realation).

SUPPOSE ACCELERATION IS VERY LARGE. ARE THE E.M. WAVES EMITTED OR NOT
BY A MACROSCOPICALLY NEUTRAL OBJECT?
Ludwik Kowalski

Gary Hemminger
Dwight-Engelwood School