Re: That jerk again!

Your ability to react is limited (say about .25 s), and the mechanical
response of the car is not instantaneous either. I guess I would be
skiptical of your ability to "hit the instant dead on".

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but even if you can hit the
instant dead on with your foot, doesn't your force take time to act?
(To become large enough to give a net of zero). As we try to teach
our high school kids, the velocity of a pop fly is zero at an
instant- not for an instant.

Gary Hemminger
Dwight-Engelwood School
315 E. Palisade Ave.