Re: Is competence in physics as a requirement for teachers of physics?

twayburn@juno.com (Thomas L Wayburn) writes:
Greetings physics teachers,

Instead of kicking him out of the
building on the basis that he could not prove he was a Clarkson
student without ID, I should have announced that the grades of
everyone in the class would be reduced. That college converted
many excellent day laborers into useless parasites.
I have a great admiration for teachers, but what makes them
a teacher remains a mystery to me.

The answer to your problems is really very simple:

Those who CAN, DO.
Those who CAN'T, TEACH
Those who CAN'T TEACH, TEACH TEACHERS TO TEACH.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
( But I spent some of my happiest days as a student of Electrical
Engineering
at Clarkson College with some great teachers back in 1944. .....and now I
am
one of those who is trying to teach teachers to teach.)