Re: Real World

Ephemerides may not be appropriate for exact study because they reflect
more than Kepler's laws which are all we really teach. Teleologically
they don't address our understandings of gravity and gravitational
phenomena (still a very open field of research) at all.

Come on, Dan! Surely you've got past the notion that the only physics
that is worth doing is that which is capable of expression in closed
form? Numerical physics is still physics. It has an elegance of its
own, and the ephemerides of the Galilean satellites (with their
resonantly coupled mean motions) are certainly exemplary as among the
highest achievements of physical reasoning.

Leigh