Re: Old guitar strings--actually Leigh's comments

Donald Simanek wrote [in part]

There's an even more fundamental pedogagical principle we should remember.
Never attempt to *teach* something you don't know fully, in detail, and at
a level well beyond the level of the course. If in doubt, leave it out.
One of the marks of an educated person is to know the limits of one's own
knowledge and understanding (and there always are limits). Worse than "not
knowing" is "knowing things that aren't so".

Now if we could just get that information to the professors of education,
we wouldn't have to spend so much time making up for the mistakes of
ill-prepared teachers.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.