RE: Microwave Optics Experiments

At 19:51 11/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
... does one purchase blocks of paraffin or do you have to make
them by melting the wax and pouring it into a mold?
Brian Oliver

I have bought candle wax for canning as blocks of about
3 in x 3 in x 6 in.

This is what paraffin wax (132 deg ASTM) looks like at 3 cm. or
x-band if you will:
permittivity 2.24 tan d 0.00021

There are glasses with permittivity 3 to 5 and tan d 0.005

I was thinking a hollow prism filled with oil might do the trick
inexpensively, but oil tends to be lossy...

Regards
Brian

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK