-----Original Message-----
From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPomona.Edu>

I Wrote
OF COURSE, because of the lack of aerodynamic modeling, the dropped bullet
would take the same time to hit the ground as the fired bullet in both
these
cases since the vertical motion is modeled as independent of the
horizontal.

John replies
I don't follow this. If you have modeled a projectile subject to
nonlinear drag as having independent vertical and horizontal
motions, you have simply made a mistake in writing out the force
terms.

John